Special Needs Kids, Inc
Special Needs Kids, Inc. is a non-profit adaptive equipment lending library created specifically to meet the needs of the pediatric population.
Our mission is to decrease the healthcare costs associated with raising a child with special needs by providing loaned adaptive equipment, improving accessibility to adaptive equipment for children with special needs, and promoting an overall sense of good stewardship of healthcare resources by encouraging the donation and use of gently used adaptive equipment.
ABOUT OUR VOLUNTEERS
Special Needs Kids, Inc. is operated completely by volunteers, from the creation and maintenance of our website, to the cleaning, inventorying, and distribution of our equipment. If you would like to join our team of amazing volunteers, please email us at: Volunteer@SpecialNeedsLending.org
No amount of time is too little for the children and families we serve!
WHAT WE DO
Special Needs Kids, Inc. accepts donations of gently used, non-specialized adaptive equipment. Our volunteers then clean, inspect, and make minor repairs to the equipment in order to make it available to other children and their families.
Donated equipment is then inventoried and added to the available equipment list on our website. Volunteers coordinate the distribution of equipment with families from our Suwanee, Georgia facility.
1. Check availability of equipment
2. Complete and print Equipment Request and Loan Agreement forms
3. Contact us to schedule a pick-up date and time
1. Loans are currently restricted to one piece of equipment per individual
2. There is no restriction on the length of time a piece of equipment may be loaned to an individual, however, our volunteers will contact you intermittently to be sure the equipment is still being utilized. We respectfully request that you return unused equipment promptly so that others may benefit from its availability.
3. In order to help cover our minimal administrative costs and the costs of minor repairs to equipment, there is a suggested, one-time donation of $25.00 per client. Please make checks payable to Special Needs Kids, Inc.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A: We have licensed physical and occupational therapists who volunteer with our organization to assist families who do not have private therapists. Please let us know if you will require this assistance so we can schedule your pick up accordingly.
Q: If my child needs a piece of equipment which is not available, can we be placed on a waiting list?
A: Yes, please enter your request by visiting our ’Equipment Page’ . You will be contacted via email if the equipment becomes available.
A: If the child is currently being treated by a licensed physical or occupational therapist who has signed the liability waiver, the child DOES NOT need to be present.
If the parent/guardian of the child has requested the assistance of one of our volunteer therapists for the fitting and instruction in use of the loaned equipment, then the child MUST be present.